cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator

Default value in the slider variable

I have a variable that i am using in the slider. I want it to be set to a specific number upon opening the dahsboard.

Right now what happens is it shows the value as kept by the user before closing it.

Is there a way to put it to default value?

Triggers ---onopen---select field is working for variable.

Any inputs?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

By using Triggers > OnOpen > Action > External > Set Variable it will assign the default value the very first time the dashboard is opened by the user. When he closes it and again opens it it will remember the last used state and have those selections/values.

If you dont want that uncheck QMC > System > Setup > Qlikview Server >Documents > 'Allow session recovery'

Also by clicking access point > view details(below each app) > 'Remove last document state' you would achieve the same thing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

By using Triggers > OnOpen > Action > External > Set Variable it will assign the default value the very first time the dashboard is opened by the user. When he closes it and again opens it it will remember the last used state and have those selections/values.

If you dont want that uncheck QMC > System > Setup > Qlikview Server >Documents > 'Allow session recovery'

Also by clicking access point > view details(below each app) > 'Remove last document state' you would achieve the same thing.

rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator
Author

I didnt find QMC. How to reach there?

Not applicable

QMC would be usually on a Server Machine. Go there and type this in Internet Explorer:

http://localhost:4780/qmc/SystemSetup.htm