4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2016 4:54 AM by Camillo Rospigliosi RSS

    Workbench in a Active Directory environment

    Daniel Westholm

      Hi,

      We have a qlikviewserver, a Publisher and a webserver.

      We host a website on the webserver where a mashup of different qlikview objects from several qlikviewdocuments are rendered using Workbench. (Div integration) It worked great on our local system that does not use a Active directory.

      I use the QProx.aspx file so I don't get CORS problems, it works great.

       

      When I put the Project on our clients servers that has an Active Directory and uses Windows authentication the problems appeared.

      "You do not have access to this document." The qlikview server did not get any user information to authenticate.

      So I tried using webtickets, but if I wanted to use webtickets I had to use DMS instead of NTFS but I am not allowed to change to DMS.

       

      Is there at way to solve my problem?

      Server - Publisher - web server - Workbench - Windows Authentication

      All these things must be able to work together.

       

      Thankful for all help I can get!

        • Re: Workbench in a Active Directory environment
          nick orka

          Can you share a piece of code where you use QProx.aspx?

            • Re: Workbench in a Active Directory environment
              Camillo Rospigliosi

              Hi have the same problem, but I found the solution by modifying the QProxy.aspx:

               

                          string user = GetUserName();

                          HttpResponse response = Context.Response;

                          response.ClearContent();

               

                          string proxyUrl = GetProxyUrl(Request, user);

                          if (proxyUrl == string.Empty) return;

                         

                          HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(proxyUrl);

                          request.Method = Context.Request.HttpMethod;

                          request.PreAuthenticate = true;

                         

                          string password = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["password"];

                          NetworkCredential networkCredential = new NetworkCredential(user, password);

               

                          // Associate the 'NetworkCredential' object with the 'WebRequest' object.

                          request.Credentials = networkCredential;

                          //request.UseDefaultCredentials = true;

                          //request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

            • Re: Workbench in a Active Directory environment
              Daniel Westholm

              Hi guys,

              I found the cause of my problem when I was reading about the tool for qlikview and share point, webparts. When using workbench on a site published on a web server there are problems with windows authentication. The client enter the web site which in turn gets the objects from qlikview. But this causes multi hop authentication, client computer -> web server -> qlikview. Which windows doesn't allow. So the qlikview server can't authenticate you. You could try to use something other than windows authentication on the qlikview server, but I did not have the time to test this. I just used iframes and singleobject.html. Not as responsive but good enough. Hope you find the answer to your problem!