5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2015 9:54 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

How to bring colour 1 to the front of a line graph

I have a line graph with colour 1 being red and this shows the latest month in a selection.

I need the latest selected month to always be red and the selectable months to be variable.

My selections currently get colour 1 as the lastest (which is great) BUT the graph displays colour one at the bottom.

How do I get colour one to be on the top?

I have tried using persistent colours but this does not do what I need.

• Re: How to bring colour 1 to the front of a line graph
          Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Nick,

if I get you correctly, you could just do what I do routinely: To get some standardization into my colours (and to use the CI_colours where possible), I have created a colour-palette of about 12 colours, stored their values in variables in a qvs_file which is loaded into every Dashboard as an INCLUDE and then use the expression_properties to govern the colour instead of the "colours" tab of the dialog. I think that way is more reliable and makes it easier (for others) to reconstruct which colour I have associated with each expression.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

The screenshot of my graph is below. with the current selection Jan-15 is red and I need that on the top.

If I just select Dec-14, Nov-14, Oct-14 I would then need Dec-14 to be red and on the top.

Please be aware that I am very new to qlikview so there may be a simple resolution to this.

screenshot.jpg

Thanks, I think I understand what you mean, I have set the colours (vColorRed, vColorGreen, etc)

How do I assign the colour in the expression rather than using the Colors tab?

chart Properties.png

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Nick,

well, if you have the "expression_properties" expanded like you have in your screenshot,

the node "Background color" is the one to use.

There you can enter your colour_variable which you have to define beforehand, sth. like

>>> SET v_color_black = rgb(0,0,0); <<<

=> Then you need to use the $() to signal to QlikView that it should evaluate the formula in the variable rather than just return it as a text, so you'll end up (in this example) with

>> = $(v_color_black) <<<

to enter in the edit_field.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: In case you want to find the rgb_values of any colour you like, you can use a text_box - just colour it, using the radiobutton "static", then click on the colour -> you'll get a field of colours and, on the right, three boxes with the three values.

Nikhil Garg

Hey,

Can you attach the image of Application ?

Thanks