Not applicable

Loop and Distribute - and using Section Access error

Hi there.

We're trying to get the following 3 things to work together in the Publisher:

1. Loop and Reduce
2. Loop and Distribute
3. Section Access

Running 1 and 2 together works fine:
Loop and Reduce divides the Source document into 4 different reduced versions of the Source document.
Loop and Distribute distributes the 4 reduced versions with the AD-groups attached that was asked for through the SAM Account Name setting.

Running 3 (Section Access with NTNAME) alone also works fine, both the access and the datareduction is handled as expected.

But when the 3 functions are set to run at the same time we get a warning:

Warning: Searching using "SAMAccountName" using parameter "AD_GROUP" skip because no values were found
Warning: Dynamic distribution returned no recipients using "SAMAccountName" using parameter "AD_GROUP".

Here AD_GROUP is the field in the datamodel that we're looping over in the Loop and Distribute function.

Any idea why this doesn't work?

P. S. The AD-user running the QV-services has been given section access rights to the document, but something tells me that the problem might be connected with an access denied during the Looping processes ?

2 Replies
vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same problem as I have combined "Loop and Distribute" and "Section Access". I looked at the publisher task log and found the following errors.

(2016-02-25 13:53:15) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(2016-02-25 13:53:15) Information: Attempted to load the document with data.

(2016-02-25 13:53:15) Error: The document failed to open.

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Information: Loading. LoadTime=00:00:03.0420390

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=20388

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Error: Document could not be opened

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=20388

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Information: Document distribution done.

(2016-02-25 13:53:16) Error: The task "TEST - Loop & Reduce (Reload and Distribute)" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to open document: C:\Qlik\QlikViewStorage\SourceDocuments\DEV_Files\Vasilev\QDF\30.ApplicationDatalayer\1.Application\TEST - Loop & Reduce.qvw ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.OpenDocument(TaskResult taskResult, String fileName) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

I think you are right with your guess for access denided by trying to loop and distribute. Has anybody any idea how can we solve this problem?

BR

Rumen

cheenu_janakira
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Henrik, Rumen and Qlik team,

Any updates on this issue? We have been witnessing this quite regularly in our QlikView environment too, for the past few weeks. However, when checking the QMC no obvious errors (red crossed icon) show in Tasks view/tab. I have also noticed since this started happening, a few users were denied access to a document they always had access to. If this happens in your environment, allowing the process to regenerate a .meta file from scratch seems to have resolved the issue.

I am still keen on finding out what the cause and remedy of this issue are. It is happening a little too often for my liking.

Qlik Support: any thoughts, experience or ideas?

Kind regards,

Cheenu