6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2015 8:15 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

FileList with BLANKs in variable places?

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have the requirement of setting up a loop to LOAD a number of Excel files.

The contents of the Excel files is always equal in structure, so that is not the problem

<=> The filename is written with slight differences in all sorts of places.

The general format is like this:

>> Schichtplan_NTB 1_Sergej KW 05Früh <<

I have to grab one part of this to use for my file_mask (for a FOR EACH loop);

- "Schichtplan" is not sufficient for there are some from 2015 which are completely different.

- "NTB1" is the name of the plant, so that would be good - but as you see, there is a BLANK here - but not always ;-)

<=> I could use "Schichtplan_NTB*" - but if/when we do the same in the other plant (that is NTB2), I will face the challenge of keeping the naming_format uniform and still distinguishable.

- Before I actually open the loop, of course i do not know exactly how the file_names are written and I cannot grab them and purge the BLANKs beforehand.

=> Is there any elegant way around this (except educating the users which seems to be - hm, difficult ...)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler