3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2015 2:18 AM by Sebastian Fredenberg RSS

Grouping in QvScalability not working as expected !!

Nikhil Garg

HEy,

For Grouping,

I used 600 Virtual users, with 10 iterations and infinite duration.

Now i open 3 jmeter windows(3 jmeter) instances to distribute the load . i.e 200 users per jmeter instance.

But i get only 1 Jmeter log file instead of 3 jmeter log files(because 3 instances of jmeter used). Am i wrong somewhere??

tHanks

• Re: Grouping in QvScalability not working as expected !!
          Sebastian Fredenberg

Hello,

It depends on how you open the scripts.

If you use the scalability tools, a timestamp is added to the end of every logfile to ensure that several tests can run at the same time (example: testname_servername_[1-1-1]_150209153012.txt ). If you do not have this timestamp in the end then there is a risk of overwriting the files unless you have specifically renamed the name of the logfile that will be generated.

If you open the testfiles directly in jmeter, without going through scalability tools gui, the timestamp will not be used either.

/sebastian

Nikhil Garg

Hey,

But i didn't get the answer.

Let say i have 600 users. I want to distribute this load to 3 jmeter, where

each jmeter handling 200 usees. How can i do so ?

Plz help

On 09-Feb-2015 8:13 PM, "Sebastian Fredenberg" <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Sebastian Fredenberg

You do this by creating 3 scripts with different names (test1. test2, test 3 or similar). Drag these into the execution tab of the scalability tools GUI and start the tests from there (p22 in QVScalabilityTools.pdf)

2 notes that is valuable for all running scripts:

* 3 scripts performing the same actions vs the same document should use different seedfiles for better randomization (set in properties tab in GUI).

* Beware that 600 concurrent users is a lot, this will normally represent a lot more concurrent sessions if several iterations is used in the script. The default session timeout is 30mins so at a given point there will probably be a lot more that 600 users in the system. Also note that these virtual users will also need licenses, just like any real person.

/sebastian