Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with BAR chart

HI All,

In a Bar chart I have COMAPNY A,B,C,D,.... etc on X Axis

Y axis will show the SHARE.

User will be provided with a INPUT selection box so that X axis will show Top 5 or 6 depending upon user selection.

Till here everything is Fine.

Let say user selects TOP 5 then my X axis should show Company A as first Bar(Irrespective of Value) and Top 5 Bars beside Company A.

Let say user selects TOP 6 then my X axis should show Company A as first Bar(Irrespective of Value) and Top 6 Bars beside Company A.

SO always My company A should be in the first position.

Is it possible in Qlikview?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

in sort tab you can sort your company as you want, than in dimension limiti you can check option "Show only"  ad set first specifing your variable/input value

KR

Elena

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

see attached example

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think it is possible - I attach my idea for the solution.

In "Dimension Limits" tab I checked "Show only First..." (with variable) and then I had to do right sorting (in the Sort tab), with expression. This expression takes always the company A, and later sorts everything depending on value. I hope it is what you wanted to do.

Regards,

Bartłomiej

Not applicable
Author

HI B_ZDUNCZYK

Very nice application actually I have put it in another way. Wat ever you have suggested is very impressive but in the same way I want my Total to be in the first place not company A . Total is nothing but the sum of other bars.

Lets say Bar is showing for 3 Comapnies now in bar I should see 4 bars with 3 companies and one with sum of all and that should be place in the first.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

in General nobody adds up a bar for totals, prime reason for this is Scale

your individual plot points will be much lower than totals plot point.

Regards,

Bhagirath