1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 15, 2016 2:16 PM by Carlos Silva RSS

    user status changing to inactive

      Hi

       

      We have couple of users added from LDAP. Users status is changing to inactive after couple of days of not using it. Admin has to go personally to each user and change it to active. Is this normal behaviour or is there any setting to change so that it will not become inactive

       

      Thanks

        • Re: user status changing to inactive
          Carlos Silva

          I have found that my problem was the LDAP filter that probably was in the wrong format. I was passing the path to the OU where the users are , like this:

           

          OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyDomain,DC=local

           

          I removed the LDAP filter, Synced and all users (including some service accounts I wanted to filter) showed up in seconds!

           

          What I should have, was a LDAP query to return users from a specific group, something like this:

           

          Example 1: (memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com) returns all users and their attributes who are

          members of the QlikPowerUsers group.

          Example 2: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(cn=Joe*)) returns all users and their attributes whose name begins

          with "Joe".

          Example 3:

          (|(memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=QlikReadOnlyUsers,CN=Users,DC=exa

          mple,DC=com)) returns all users and their attributes who are members of either QlikPowerUsers OR QlikReadOnlyUsers groups.

           

          More info about this on this very useful document:

          Qlik Sense Best Practice: User Directory Connectors

           

          Hope this also solved your problem!

           

          Best Regards,

          Carlos Silva