1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 10, 2015 11:07 AM by Kumar Manamasa RSS

Qlik View - Basics

Hi Folks

Nice to see you virtually ,

I am planning to learn  Qlikview Tool. I have completed my masters in Computer Science .

I am planning to move  from current  Domain ,  Basically i am a java developer  having 4 Yrs in java /J2EE Technologies & not interested to write code any more.

I wanted to  change  my career  to any predictive analysis Domain which is  evolving now in India  .

As per my knowledge i believe   QV ( QlickView) ,  Tableau   & Spotfire  ( Tibco)  are the best Analysis tools shaking the  Indian market.

Can  anybody guide me  on below

what is the prerequisite to learn Qlick View ,Tableau .

Do  let me know what is inmemory tool ( QK Tableau) ?

What is the difference between  Tarditional BI Tools ( cognos ) & QV, Tableau  .

appreciate your help in answering the above queries.

Regard's

Praveen

• Re: Qlik View - Basics
          Friedrich Hofmann

Hi Kumar,

just have a look on youtube, there are a number of learners'  videos available. Also there are a number of blogs and

other resources on this site that should answer most of your questions.

- "In memory" just means that the entire program, as well as the working data, is stored in working memory, which makes the whole thing extremely fast.

If you have worked as a programmer, there's no need to worry about prerequisites to using QlikView. It's pretty easy to get into.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler