Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Listbox for Yes/No filters to count null values for a field

Hi all,

I'd like to create a listbox with Yes/No for complete/incomplete (null values) on a field which I've thrown into a table.

For eg: The table in the following screenshot shows Dates in the "Completed" field can be a date or "None" for null:

http://i.imgur.com/IWsOHKz.png

This is because I have the following set up in my script:

NULLASVALUE*;

Set NullValue = 'None';

I'm currently successfully counting what I need with the expression:

=Count({<CompletedActivity = {'None'}>} CompletedActivity)

However as you can see this number only displays in the title (I guess a little confusing for me here too).

What I want (or perhaps any suggestions you may have for optimal functionality) is a listbox with Yes/No which filters by CompletedActivity='None' and CompletedActivity <> 'None'.

I've already tried this in the script with:

//Completed_Table:

//Load * inline

//[

//CompletedActivity,CompletedOrNot

//=Count({<CompletedActivity <> {'None'}>} CompletedActivity),Yes

//=Count({<CompletedActivity = {'None'}>} CompletedActivity),No

//];

which simply craps out the raw strings in the table rather than computes a count (as per http://i.imgur.com/lZ4Geim.png).

I'm new to qlik but am currently stuck so I would greatly appreciate your suggestions by way of a demonstration for my learning purposes - thank you so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can create a table by doing a resident load on your previously loaded table in the script. It would look similar to the attached. You can do things a bit differently based on how you want to group, but the overall idea is there.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can create a table by doing a resident load on your previously loaded table in the script. It would look similar to the attached. You can do things a bit differently based on how you want to group, but the overall idea is there.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much good sir!!

Your solution will be marked as correct but just as a caveat to others: My 'completedactivity' was a date and I could see the example values that Chris put in the load were example numbers - which clearly would work when CompletedActivity = 'None' but not when it wasn't 🙂

For Chris: I dunno if this was a long-winded solution but I simply created another date field and ran the month() function on it (first function that popped into my head), then I populated the LOAD statement as:

YourTable:

LOAD * INLINE [

CompletedMonth

'None'

];

Which took into account all possible date values to filter (as there are only 12 months )

This is most likely not the cleanest approach to a solution but it works - if any others have any suggestions I am as ever open and grateful!

Best

raz