10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2015 2:32 PM by Bill Britt RSS

QV User manager 11 - list works, but remove doesn't

Jens Zibell

Hi,

I've installed QV User manager 11 on our customer's test machine and it works fine. I can trigger a batch file to list the current licenses in use and I can run a batch to remove unused cals.

Now we've migrated the same to production and the removal of cals won't work. Listing does. Strange.

The csv output file contains this error message:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PIX.CalInfo.WriteXml(XmlWriter w)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.CallFunction(String methodName, String iStartElement, String iStartAttribute, IXmlSerializable arguments, IXmlSerializable outpar, String& message, Byte[][] attachments)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.SetCalInfo(CalInfo i_CalInfo)

at QMSBackendCore.Communication.QlikViewServer.SetCalInfo(QlikViewServerResource qvsResource, CalInfo calInfo)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.SaveCALConfiguration(CALConfiguration calConfiguration)

On the same machine an implementation of the EDX stuff is running and working, so the basic functionality should be there. We also checked the following:

• Functional user executing the task in MMC is member of ‘QV Management Api’ group
      • Executing the batch file from command line under Windows with the user results in the same - listing works
      • QV services on the server are running under functional user
      • SSL certificate: name and location from the config file matches the installed certificate
      • Functional user has access rights to the cert.
      • Event view shows error when writing the XML structure:
        • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PIX.CalInfo.WriteXml(XmlWriter w)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.CallFunction(String methodName, String iStartElement, String iStartAttribute, IXmlSerializable arguments, IXmlSerializable outpar, String& message, Byte[][] attachments)

at Wrappers.QVSWrapper.SetCalInfo(CalInfo i_CalInfo)

at QMSBackendCore.Communication.QlikViewServer.SetCalInfo(QlikViewServerResource qvsResource, CalInfo calInfo)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.SaveCALConfiguration(CALConfiguration calConfiguration)

• Restarted MMC service, without effect
      • Log of the Management service logs the exception, without further information

Anybody an idea how to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jens