10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2017 12:20 AM by jagan mohan rao appala RSS

Pivot in Script?

John mingus

Is there a way to pivot in your script? I have the below:

ID      Name                Group                Address

1      John                NewYork                100 Center Ave

1      John                New Jersey              100 Center Ave

2      Adam              New York                900 Center Ave

3      Tiffany           Main                          123 Center Ave

What I would like to be able to do is Convert the Group Rows into Columns. I have about 40 of them and there will be more groups in the future and the name field could potentially be affliated to all groups.

Results:

ID      Name           NewYork           New Jersey           Main           Address

1           John                x                     x                                              100 Center Ave

2           Adam                                    x                                                  9 00 Center Ave

3           Tiffany                                                                  x                 123 Center Ave

I was thinking about ApplyMap function but I do not know if that would be the best approach and not really sure of the syntax for ApplyMap. Help would be appreciated as I'm fairly new to Qlikview, Thanks

[Final Table]:

Load

ID

,Name

,Group

, other columns...