6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2015 4:31 PM by Peter Cammaert RSS

How to Sum in Script

I've created expressions in my app that give me the appropriate "buckets", but I need to export the data as a .txt, so I presume I need to do it in the script.  I've tried adding these lines to the script, but the load fails.

Sum

(if(CloseDate >= Now() AND CloseDate <= Now()+29, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel30,
      Sum(if(CloseDate >= Now()+30 AND CloseDate <= Now()+59, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel60,
      Sum(if(CloseDate >= Now()+60 AND CloseDate <= Now()+89, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel90,

What is the best way to get thse sum categories into the final .qvd file?

Thanks!  Dan

• Re: How to Sum in Script
          Onno van Knotsenburg

Try this:

-----

theTable:

load

categories,

sum (if(CloseDate >= Now() AND CloseDate <= Now()+29, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel30,

Sum(if(CloseDate >= Now()+30 AND CloseDate <= Now()+59, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel60,
          Sum(if(CloseDate >= Now()+60 AND CloseDate <= Now()+89, Total_SIMs__c)) as Funnel90,

resident sourceTableName

group by categories;

store theTable into theTable.txt (txt);

----

How does that look?

Peter Cammaert

You may have to change the parameter of the sum() function, but actually a similar technique is possible with the GROUP BY clause. A LOAD statement works row-by-row and doesn't allow aggregation functions without a GROUP BY clause that groups rows with similar characteristics.

See the LOAD statement entry in QV Desktop Help.

Thanks for the replies.  I should have mentioned that the LOAD statement is precdeing a SQL statement, so the load won't work because "categories" isn't in the SQL statement.  I also have a WHERE clause in the Load statement, so I presume the Group By would be after the Where.