3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2015 11:15 AM by Aaron Morgan RSS

How to put a bookmark name into a variable?

Hello,

I currently have a QlikView file that has a large number of bookmarks in it. The way the document is now, the bookmark name gets passed into a variable called Bookmark and is displayed in the title of the graph on the sheet. However, when I create a new bookmark the name of that bookmark is not passed into this variable. The document is rather old and we forgot how we originally made this happen. A co-worker and I tried exporting a working bookmark and then renaming it but it didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kimmie

• Re: How to put a bookmark name into a variable?
          Angad Singh

You can add trigger to variable to play with bookmarks as below:

Hope this answered or was helpful.

Thanks,

Singh

Angad,

Thank you for the reply. However, I don't think that it will help with my issue. Currently we are able to store the selections that are made into a bookmark. The problem is that the bookmark name needs to be stored in a variable when a new bookmark is made. Currently we have a variable that is doing this for the existing bookmarks. When we add a new bookmark to the document, the name doesn't get stored in the variable and we are not sure why. Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks,
            Kimmie

Aaron Morgan

If you create an input box with a variable named 'vBookmark', then on the Constraints tab tick 'Include in Bookmarks', then when you create a bookmark if you enter the name of the Bookmark into that input box, you should be able to use =vBookmark within your title and this will always bring up the "name" of the bookmark - not a glamorous or efficient way of doing it but it would give you what you need?

Otherwise I think the only other way I've seen is a macro to export them all and read them all back in as a list, or creating dynamic bookmarks in your load script!