HI Andy - I assume you mean - as a starting point within the product, for example when someone selects to Create a new APP?
- Are you using Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Server?
- Do they require access to the data load editor?
I will investigate this for you.
Note - Qlik Sense Server allows you to create Apps that can be shells / templates - that users can then build sheets from as a starting point, using a predefined data model and load script. You can have the script already as part of the app.
We are evaluating the Qlik Sense Server.
Your "Note" is what I am accustom to with our QlikView environment. I would like more information about the shells\templates. I would like to ensure that our users are using the "best practices \ corporate standards". I do that by giving them templates to use as the starting point.
However if the users forego using the templates then I want them to start with the Main tab populated with the "best practices \ corporate standards".
Thanks Mike for your immediate response.
My pleasure. - a few things.
- I want to make sure you are getting the best support possible, so I will be informing your account manager to follow up with you.
- Check out this video(s) (if you have not seen them) here which shows you some of that process (shells templates) using :
New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos - Video List
- Qlik Sense Platform - Navigation and Orientation - Part 1 - Qlik Sense Hub and App Overview (video)
- http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc - Series specific to management
- Publishing Sheets and Stories: How to publish sheets and stories - YouTube
Here is the onlinr help topic on this workflow topic:
Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.
Let us know how you do.