18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2015 3:29 AM by Smriti Jaiswal RSS

Creating a Slider

Hi Community

I have created a stacked bar chart with  Q3 2013, Q4 2013, Q1 2014, Q2 2014, Q3 2014, Q4 2014. on the x Axis  showing  SLA Costs, IT charges, Dual Running, Implementation and Run Costs. I want to create a slider,in  which when I click on Q3 2013 on the slider, the since work is done for 2013 , the bar chart should only show the data  from Q4 2013 to Q4 2014. And then when I click on Q4 2013 on the slider, since the work is done for Q3 2013 and Q4 2013, the bar chart should reflect the  data from  Q1 2014 to Q4 2014 and so on. I mean the same applies to rest of the quarters. And when I click on Q4 2014, since all the work has been done by then, the bar chart should not show any data. So the bar chart should be inversely proportional to the slider. Can any one tell me how to create this in Qlikview?

• Re: Creating a Slider
          Fred Schonenberg

Hi Smriti,

Have a look at the attachment.

I've created an absolute Quarter value

(year * 4) + q

'2000 Q2' = (2000 * 4) + 2 = 8002

and created an Island with the same values (as vQno and vQlong).

The slider is using the Island.

The graph has a calculated dimension:

=if(Qno >vQno, Qlong, null())

Grtz Fred

Hi Fred

Thanks for the reply. But since I am using the personal edition on my system, I am not able to open your qvw file.

Is it possible for you to copy/paste the script. It will be very helpful.

Thanks once again,

Smriti

Fred Schonenberg

This is the script I've used, but you'll have to tune it to your needs:

tmp:

Load * INLINE [

Q, Amount

Q3 2013, 1

Q4 2013, 2

Q1 2014, 3

Q2 2014, 4

Q3 2014, 5

Q4 2014, 6

];

mydata:

Load *,

(Qyear * 4) + right(Qsub,1) as Qno,

Qyear & '-' & Qsub as Qlong

;

Load *,

left(Q, 2) as Qsub,

right(Q, 4) as Qyear

Resident tmp;

Drop table tmp;

Qtemp:

Load * INLINE [

vQno, vQlong

8055, 2013-Q3

8056, 2013-Q4

8057, 2014-Q1

8058, 2014-Q2

8059, 2014-Q3

8060, 2014-Q4

];

Fred Schonenberg

The slider is a single value with field vQlong.

My Graph has a calculated dimension

=if(Qno >vQno, Qlong, null())

slider-graph.JPG

Hi Fred

Your qvw file was very helpful. I have analysed your file. You have created a simple bar chart. But I am trying to create a stacked chart Before adding a calculated dimension, itweas going well. The output was like this:

But after I add the calculated dimension  which is

=if(DurationFornaxRunCost> FornaxRunCost, vDuration, null()), the output is like this:

I mean  why is the  graph changing after adding the calculated dimension. T slider is calculating well. But I want to present the graph as per previous screenshot. Can you guide me again.

Fred Schonenberg

1. Is it possible to share your file?

2. Why is your quarter looking like this ,3,3-Q1 (Languagesettings? Codepage?)?

Yes Fred. This is my file. Mine is a personal edition. So let me know if you cannot open it. I will copy paste the script here.

Smriti

Fred Schonenberg

Opening your file is no problem, but I'll have to look into to it this evening (probably in 5 or 6 hours).

I'm on a job right now.

I'll get back to you in a couple of hours.

Grtz Fred

And Fred

I am trying to build a graph like this along with the slider. But it is not coming. If you can give me some inputs it will be very helpful

Fred Schonenberg

This is what I've created.

Script follows in a couple of minutes..

slider-x.JPG

Fred Schonenberg

I hope you know what you're doing with FornaxRuncosts etc

The only thing I did was editing you're code :-)

Grtz Fred

tmp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Q, FornaxRunCost, DualRunning, SLACosts, RocheITCharges, Implementation

"    Q3 2013, 10,10,10,10,10", 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

"    Q4 2013, 2,2,2,2,2", 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

"    Q1 2014, 3,3,3,3,3", 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

"    Q2 2014, 4,4,4,4,4", 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

"    Q3 2014, 5,5,5,5,5", 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

"    Q4 2014, 6,6,6,6,6", 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

"    Q1 2015, 7,7,7,7,7", 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

"    Q2 2015, 8,8,8,8,8", 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

"    Q3 2015, 9,9,9,9,9", 9, 9, 9, 9, 9

"    Q4 2015, 10,10,10,10,10", 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

];

mydata:

Load *,

(Qsub * 3) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationFornaxRunCost],

(Qsub * 4) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationDualRunning],

(Qsub * 2) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationSLACosts],

(Qsub * 5) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationRocheITCharges],

(Qsub * 6) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationImplementation],

Qyear & '-' & Qsub  as vDurrev,

Qsub & '-' & Qyear as vDuration

;

Load *,

mid(trim(Q), 1, 2) as Qsub,

mid(trim(Q), 4, 4) as Qyear

Resident tmp;

Drop table tmp;

// Do not edit after this line, other than adding new Quarter

Qtemp:

Load * INLINE [

vQno, vQlong

8054, 2013-Q2

8055, 2013-Q3

8056, 2013-Q4

8057, 2014-Q1

8058, 2014-Q2

8059, 2014-Q3

8060, 2014-Q4

8061, 2015-Q1

8062, 2015-Q2

8063, 2015-Q3

8064, 2015-Q4

];

Fred Schonenberg

Oh, and I've changed some of the values to get a bit of a wave in the Line Chart ;-)

Thanks a lot Fred. The graph is coming great. But along with this script, how should I make the slider work. The slider shows time ( Q3 2013, Q4 2013, Q1 2014 and so on.... Basically as I move the pointer in the slider from Q3 2013 to Q1 2014, it should show the implementation  as completed.So the implementation part of the graph should disappear. This is an example. And may be, it I move from Q1 2014 to Q4 2014 it should show  Implementation and SLA costs as completed and the implementation and SLA costs should dissapear and when the time reduced to Q4 2015, it show no data.So the graph should be inversely proportional to the chart. This is the same thing you have done in your project. If possible, can you give me you inputs on how this will be implemented in my scenario.

Regards

Smriti

Fred Schonenberg

Hi Smriti,

The slider is on vQlong.

Using the slider to select 2013-Q4 in vQlong, the value of vQno will be 8056.

The Charts calculated dimension is

=if(Qno >vQno, vDurrev, null())

means show all Qno > vQno, and Qno is part of your data.

One  improvement to your script, change this:

// Do not edit after this line, other than adding new Quarter

Qtemp:

Load * INLINE [

vQno, vQlong

8054, 2013-Q2

8055, 2013-Q3

8056, 2013-Q4

8057, 2014-Q1

8058, 2014-Q2

8059, 2014-Q3

8060, 2014-Q4

8061, 2015-Q1

8062, 2015-Q2

8063, 2015-Q3

8064, 2015-Q4

];

// To this

Qtemp:

Load Distinct

Qno as vQno,

vDurrev as vQlong

Resident mydata;

This will make sure you have all your quarters available in your Island,

without the need to add new quarters.

Grtz Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I tried editing the script. But The graph and the slider is not, how I want. When I move the slider, the vQlong , that is the time ( Q3 2013 etc is getting affected.

As I move the pointer in the slider from Q3 2013 to Q1 2014, it should show the implementation  as completed.So the implementation part( which is the blue colour in the graph) of the graph should disappear. This is an example. And may be, it I move from Q1 2014 to Q4 2014 it should show  Implementation and SLA costs as completed and the implementation and SLA cost( which is light green colours should dissapear and when the time reduced to Q4 2015, it show no data.So the graph should be inversely proportional to the chart.

I am sending you the file again

This is a client's requirement... And I am finding this really complex.

Fred Schonenberg

Okay, I believe below is all I can give to you.

Moving the slider to 2014-Q1 makes Roche IT charges disappear.

Values are approx. the values shown in your example.

Grtz Fred

* * * * * * * * * * *

0. Try starting with a new and clean Qlikview file

* * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * *

1. Use this script

* * * * * * * * * * *

tmp:

LOAD * INLINE [

Q, FornaxRunCost, DualRunning, SLACosts, RocheITCharges, Implementation

"    Q2 2013, 0,0,0,0,0", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

"    Q3 2013, 10,10,10,10,10", 0, 0, 0, 37, 8

"    Q4 2013, 2,2,2,2,2", 0, 0, 0, 37, 18

"    Q1 2014, 3,3,3,3,3", 0, 0, 0, 35, 15

"    Q2 2014, 4,4,4,4,4", 3, 8, 25, 0, 44

"    Q3 2014, 5,5,5,5,5", 4, 8, 25, 0, 45

"    Q4 2014, 6,6,6,6,6", 6, 8, 22, 0, 45

"    Q1 2015, 7,7,7,7,7", 7, 8, 20, 0, 27

"    Q2 2015, 8,8,8,8,8", 10, 8, 18, 0, 22

"    Q3 2015, 9,9,9,9,9", 11, 8, 17, 0, 22

"    Q4 2015, 10,10,10,10,10", 12, 7, 14, 0, 18

"    Q1 2016, 10,10,10,10,10", 15, 5, 8, 0, 17

];

mydata:

Load *,

(Qsub * 3) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationFornaxRunCost],

(Qsub * 4) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationDualRunning],

(Qsub * 2) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationSLACosts],

(Qsub * 5) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationRocheITCharges],

(Qsub * 6) + right(Qsub,1) as [DurationImplementation],

Qyear & '-' & Qsub  as vDurrev,

Qsub & '-' & Qyear as vDuration

;

Load *,

mid(trim(Q), 1, 2) as Qsub,

mid(trim(Q), 4, 4) as Qyear

Resident tmp;

Drop table tmp;

// do net edit below this line

Qtemp:

Load Distinct

Qno as vQno,

vDurrev as vQlong

Resident mydata;

* * * * * * * * * * *

2. Create your slider on vQlong

* * * * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * * * *

3. Create your stacked Bar chart

* * * * * * * * * * *

>> General

- Disable 'Show Title'

- Choose Combo chart

>> Dimensions > =if(Qno >vQno, vDurrev, null())

- Suppress when value is null

- Show Legend

>> Expressions

- label: Implementation > definition: Sum(Implementation) > Display: Bar

- label: Roche IT Charges> definition: Sum (RocheITCharges) > Display: Bar

- label: Sla Costs > definition: Sum(SLACosts) > Display: Bar

- label: Dual Running > definition: Sum(DualRunning) > Display: Bar

- label: Fornax Run Cost > definition: Sum(FornaxRunCost) > Display: Bar

- label: x (remove 'Expressions as Legend') > definition: =sum(FornaxRunCost)+sum(DualRunning)+sum(SLACosts)+sum(RocheITCharges)+sum(Implementation) > Display: Line

By clicking the +-sign next to the label at the left, you can change the Bar Background-color (as definition).

These are the colors I have used:

Implementation: RGB(0,31,94)

Roche IT Charges: RGB(229,235,240)

Sla Costs: RGB(0,112,191)

Dual Running:  RGB(0,176,240)

Fornax Run Cost:  RGB(155,204,255)

>> Style : stacked

>> Axes : Show Grid and Show minor Grid

>> Caption : Disable Show Caption