2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2015 10:46 AM by Stefan van Diepen RSS

Full Accumulation Doesn't Work in Formula

Dear fellow Qlikviewers,

I have a question regarding the Full Accumulation Option we can use whilst building a Chart.

Let me explain what I'm trying to achieve.

As a dimension I use the Business Day Nr. we have for the corresponding day in the month (from 1-22 in March).

I have 3 columns I want to end up with:

- Actual

- Budget

- Variance % vs. Budget Month-to-Date (MtD)

The first twp are easy to achive, but to be complete, I'll list their formula's here as well:

- Sum ({<Scenario = {'ACT'}, Month = {$(vCurrMonth)}>} SHP)

- Sum ({<Scenario = {'BGT'}, Month = {$(vCurrMonth)}>} SHP)

Now comes the tricky part. I want to include a Variance % vs Budget on a MtD-level.

For that, I have created three extra Expressions:

- Actual MtD

- Budget MtD

- Variance % vs BGT

Both the Actual MtD and the Budget MtD have the same formula as used above, only this time with a 'Full Accummulation' ticked.

The Variance % vs BGT then is calculated using the Expressions-names of the two MtD-expressions:

([ACT MtD] - [BGT MtD])/[BGT MtD]

However, it does not give me the outcome I hope for. See below for the outcome from Qlikview:

The MtD-figures are looking fine, doing exactly what should be done.

However, when looking at the %, you can see that Qlikview simply did (ACT - BGT) / BGT instead of taking the MtD-figures.

Percentages MtD should be 25,7% - 13,6% - 11,6% - 8,8% - 7,7% for the first 5 days.

Can anyone explain to me why Qlikview does this and if there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any help!