Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Row with missing timestamp is still selected

Hello all,

I have a problem with logs that distribution service makes.

I want to get the name of tasks that have timestamp within some range, and I get the all of them, even it the value is null.

Here is the sample script:

TaskExecutionHistoryItemExtra:

load

date#(Left(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.StartTimeStamp,10)) as TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Date,

interval(Sum(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Duration), 'hh:mm:ss') as TaskExecutionHistoryItem.TotalExecTime

Resident TaskExecutionHistoryItem_tmp

Where TaskExecutionHistoryItem.StartTimeStamp >= Date(Date#(Today(), 'DD.MM.YYYY')-8,'') & ' ' & '00:00:00'

and TaskExecutionHistoryItem.StartTimeStamp <= Date(Date#(Today(), 'DD.MM.YYYY')-1,'') & ' ' & '23:59:59'

and not Isnull(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Duration) and Len(trim(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Duration)) > 0

Group by

%TaskId,

TaskExecutionHistoryItem.ID,

TaskExecutionHistoryItem.StartTimeStamp,

TaskExecutionHistoryItem.EndTimeStamp,

TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Duration,

TaskExecutionHistoryItem.TaskStatus,

Month;

Any of these fields can contain null value, and I want tasks that have all info

5 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

load

month

where Len(Trim(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.StartTimeStamp)) > 0 And Len(Trim(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.EndTimeStamp)) > 0 And Len(Trim(TaskExecutionHistoryItem.Duration)) > 0;

Not applicable
Author

It didnt work.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

I just noticed at beginning of your post you mentioned, you need rows where field is null. Which field is this?

I want to get the name of tasks that have timestamp within some range, and I get the all of them, even it the value is null.

So you have two conditions?? One with above field is null OR below all fields should have value??

Any of these fields can contain null value, and I want tasks that have all info

Can you post what you tried?

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

I meant that, even if I specify the range, I still get the rows where the Timestamp is null.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Can you post your script?