Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadumas
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access Security

I have requirements to implement row level security.  The first main level of security is by Business Unit.  There are only about 7, so that can be accomplished with loop and reduce in publisher.  The next finer grain row level security is by organizational hierarchy. Example staff1 (a user) can only see data that staff1 created.  This User is stored in a "created_by" column in all transactional fact data.  Supervisor1 can see all data for that Supervisor1 create plus all data for all staff under Supervisor1.  Director1 can see all data that Director1 created (most likely none) plus all data for all Director1's Supervisors plus all data for staff under each Supervisor.  Business Unit Executives call see all data for their Business Unit.  Senior level Execs can see all data for all Business Units.

I realize that I need to create a user access table in excel, but not sure how QlikView security will be able to handle the organizational hierarchy for row level access.

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Not applicable

HI David,

The below link helps you a lot about section access

Simple Row-level security via Section Access | Qlik

avinashelite

Hi David,

Please find the attached app for the solution.

use 1,2,3,4 and 5 as userid to log-in

USERID,Name,Supervisor_id

1,A,0

2,B,1

3,C,2

4,D,2

5,E,1

];

dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, I will look at this.

dave

dadumas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes - looks like I will have to apply that to an org hierarchy - thanks!

Dave