Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extracting CLOB fields from Oracle E-Business Suite is very slow

Currently I have an extract from a custom view that returns 129K rows (~5MB).  One of the fields in the view is in a data type of CLOB.  When I include the CLOB field the extract takes just under 3 hours.  If I remove the CLOB field from the extract it finishes in ~2 minutes.  For what it's worth I am using the OLE DB driver against an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database and the R12.2.3 release of EBS.  I searched for CLOB/Oracle EBS in the community discussions and only saw 1 other response where a user was having the same issue.  His solution was to remove the CLOB field which is a required field for the project I am working on.  Is this something anyone else has seen?  Is it a limitation of QlikView or the OLE DB driver?

Thanks

Jason

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Jason,

I having a similar issue with my Oracle servers as well.  Let me no if you find an answer i greatly appreciate!

In love,

-H

mikibh
Contributor
Contributor

if you can live with just the first 4000 characters from your CLOB try to_char(substr(FIELD_NAME, 0,3999)) as FIELD_NAME

This will speed things up unfortunately you will lose any thing after the 3999 characters. you can also concatenate the next 4000  if you like to_char(substr(FIELD_NAME, 4000,3999)) as FIELD_NAME

Good luck