10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2015 2:31 PM by Alexander Karlsson RSS

Qlik Sense map does not aggregate data based on zoom level?

Joseph Chen

I am replicating a map I had in QlikView in Qlik Sense Desktop using its map function. I am using Qlik Sense desktop version 1.1.0+, build 31.QSMS10-CIGS. I found an interesting gap that the map function in Qlik Sense does not aggregate data based on zoom level. My map displays the number of opening positions by the geographical locations of cities around the world.

After selecting city locations with latitude and longitude values as dimension and the number of opening positions as measure, here is what I got in Qlik Sense. The map in Qlik Sense tells me that the majority of opening positions is in middle east.

Capture.PNG

But, check out the following map in QlikView using the Google Map extension. The map tells me that the majority of opening positions is in the US!!! Wow, these are quite different results.

Capture.PNG

If I zoom in the map in QlikView, it shows me the numbers of opening positions by cities.

Capture.PNG

Could this be a future enhancement in Qlik Sense? Look like Qilk Sense is missing it and it is not presenting the right BI.