Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight table horizontal scroll bar

Hi,

I have a straight table like this one:

foto.png

Text is my dimension and Description is an expression. The content displayed in the column Description is too long and doesn't fit the column size. Does anyone know how can I enable the horizontal scroll bar in a straight table?

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Try to add empty Expression.

(by empty means space)

14-Apr-15 8-23-39 AM.jpg

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Karla,

Other than having a horizontal scrollbar in your straight table you can also do a wrap text which will be probably in the layout tab in the chart properties.

Wrap Header text - Wraps your headers into multiple line or fixes according to the width provided for the column (Dimension name or expression name)

Wrap Cell text - Wraps the cell text or the values in that column

However, I'll also try to have a scrollbar in the straight table if possible. I'll get back to you if I'm able to do so.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankita

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Try to add empty Expression.

(by empty means space)

14-Apr-15 8-23-39 AM.jpg

Not applicable
Author

hello friend ,

Chart properties Go to presentations tab Then select Horizontal  check box .then display horizontal scroll bar in your straight table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ankita

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Robert, I tried it and it worked. Just a question, there is a way to hide the column?

Regards,

ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Karla,

To hide a column, go to the object properties - presentation tab - select a column and and check the hode column option below in the column label.

ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey,

That wrap text option is also in the presentation tab only, and not in the layout tab.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankita

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ankita,

I did it, but if I hide that column, the scroll bar disappears .

Regards,

Karla

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You can minimize the column as much as possible- probably that's the only way by using this method.