Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I add dates with zero data to my bar chart?

I am using QlikSense.

I want to see gaps in my bar chart where there is no data for every day. My original data does not have these zero values - it only has rows where something happened on that day. I have tried checking 'Show null values' but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

If it has any implication, I have created the date dimension using MakeDate(Year,Month,Day) because my original data had individual columns for day, month and year.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am not sure how this could be done in QlikSense, but in QlikView I would just create a Master Calendar with all dates and use that as date instead of using MakeDate in the front end. By using make date you are essentially creating only those dates which are available in your fact table. To create dates which doesn't have a value you will have to add some kind of master calendar.

Hope that make sense.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure that the Master Calendar option is available in QlikSense. There is the option to create master measures or dimensions but I can't see anything in the help that refers to calendars.

sunny_talwar

Here take a look at this link: Re: Create Date Ranges using Qlik Sense

Best,

Sunny

thomaswrieck
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

you may wann check the attached QVW and the screenshot ... building a master calender is the key ...

Best Regards

Thomas

ChartProp.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Thomas, I have managed to put that code from qvw into the Data load editor but I have no idea what I should do now! I am very new to this...

thomaswrieck
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Abigail,

the code from my qvw will not help you to solve your issue out of the box. All it does showing principly how to create a gapless calender and link it to a given datamodell. In this example the datamodell is just one table (_Data).

If you do this in your app analog to what I've shown in my example you should be able to get a barchart showing the gaps as well. This works as well in QlikSense.

QS.PNG

Best regards

Thomas