Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OLE DB Provider for Oracle Connection Issues in Sense

I am setting up a new OLE DB connection in sense. After entering the connection string and credentials I click "test connection" The test is successful. I then name the connection and save. After clicking save I get an error message at the bottom of the dialogue that says "you do not have access to the data source"

I do have access to this data source and I have set up the exact same connection to this data source a few weeks ago that is able to pull data in Sense. When I edit and test the existing connection the same error happens but the connection still works when it is used in the script.

It seems like the connection is good but Sense won't allow me to save the connection, as it thinks the account does not have access.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved.

In the connection path for the database I was included the OLE DB CONNECT TO[] statement. This seemed to the testing of the connection to work fine but not the saving of the connection. Removing this function resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved.

In the connection path for the database I was included the OLE DB CONNECT TO[] statement. This seemed to the testing of the connection to work fine but not the saving of the connection. Removing this function resolved the issue.