Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot find "Sales Data" table for "Scripting for Beginners" tutorial

I downloaded the PDF tutorial "Scripting for Beginners" which starts out by having me connect to the Sales Data table. There is no Sales Data table included in the data files that came with the tutorial.  (There IS a Sales table, but it doesn't contain the fields I need.)

I tried to go back and re-download the tutorial and related files, but I can't find it anywhere on the site.  Was it pulled in the last few days? Does anyone know where the "Sales Data" table is? 

8 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Melaney - thanks for your post. This is the Qlik Sense Forum - I assume you are referring to QlikView?

I can move your post there, so the appropriate members can respond, however I would like to see if I can help. Can you please provide more information - such as a screen shot of the document you do have. That way I may be able to back track and get you the file you need.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

It was Qlik Sense, not Qlik View.  I downloaded a series of 4 tutorials. The one I'm referring to was Scripting for Beginners. I've attached a screen shot of the cover page of the PDF, and the page where it references a Sales Data table that did not load with the rest of the tutorial's data files.

I can't find these tutorials on the web site. I downloaded them on Friday April 3rd. Maybe they just aren't supported any more?

The cover page:

qlik tutorial cover.PNG

The instructions on Page 8, referencing a table that didn't exist in the Tutorials Source directory.

Qlik tutorial 2.PNG

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah OK - I found i here in our Online Help:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/#TutorialsExamples.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____7

Let me check with our doc team.

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. That missing data file is all I need. "Sales Data."

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

No problem - doc is aware and they should be responding shortly. Please update this post if you do not hear from them by tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike - I haven't heard from the doc team. I am running out of time, as yesterday and today are the 2 days I blocked on my calendar to "learn" Qlik Sense.  The videos are nice but they are not as in depth as the tutorial, and I am unable to complete my work task without understanding scripting better.  Is there someone I can call to get the data files?  Or are there more in-depth videos somewhere? Fear of failure setting in...

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Melaney  - on it.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Melaney - Doc has stated the following to me:

Check what is in chapter 3, especially 3.4.

It feels like a step might have been skipped - a step earlier in the tutorial.

The data file is there. Sales data is inside the source file called Sales (Access Database source)

Let me know

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik