3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2015 2:03 PM by Massimo Grossi RSS

Qlickview licenses

Juan Vidal Gil

Hi,

We are a group of  Qlickview Personal Edition users.

Now we need to work in a colaborative way. We need to share documents. Personal Edition doesn't allow us to share documents between users. Which is the next suitable license?

I am asking for a laptop or PC license (not a server) in which we can work as in Personal Edition but sharing documents.

Is there any free version?

If not free, we are looking for the more economic/cheap solution.  I want to now the solution and the cost of the solution: cost per user or per laptop,....

If Qlickview continue being good for us in the future we will ythink in a server solutuion.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

• Re: Qlickview licenses
          Massimo Grossi

add .

www covaligroup com Qlikview-Euro-Pricing

Personl Edition is free, to share Qlik docs between users you need a standard version (Qlkiew desktop) or a server + cal  (named?)

Juan Vidal Gil

Thanks Massimo

Is there a trial versión of the desktop qlickview standard versión?

If se use qlickview desktop is needed a server versión por we can work without a server versión?, I mean working in every single laptop and sharing some documents

Thanks

Massimo Grossi

desktop:

no trial for QlikView desktop; desktop (the name is QlikView Local Client) is like a personal edition but not free; main difference is you can read all QlikView docs (with personal edition you only read your docs); more here

Personal Edition FAQs

you don't need a server (so no access to the documents with a browser)

server:

you don't need a Qlikiew Local Client

you buy a server + some CAL; with named CAL you can still read all QlikView docs 

you install the personal edition and then you lease a named CAL from the sever

you can access your docs on the sever with a web browser