Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bar chart sorting issue

Hi colleagues, I have a problem with stabilizing the sorting order in a bar chart.

I have a chart with 1 dimention (8 row always) and one expression. in sorting tab I am sorting this dimention with match() function (i type the correct order I need).

here it is:

match([Пол/Возраст],  'мужчины 12-17',  'мужчины 18-24',  'мужчины 25-34',  'мужчины 35-44',  'мужчины 45-54',  'мужчины 55-64',  'женщины 12-17',  'женщины 18-24',  'женщины 25-34',  'женщины 35-44',  'женщины 45-54',  'женщины 55-64')

Everything was fine before I got the situation that for some rows ther were null data ('-')

So this rows keeps jumping to the top.

This is very critical because in the very end I will use this bar chart without showing the dumention data so I need to be 100% sure that the data is sorted correctly

A i need the bar chart, so nothing like 'hide column' can be used

thnx for any help

Alexandrasorting issue preview.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

actually, didn't work, it seems that when there is totally no data for some selections, sorting will be ruined.

so i tried turning one of the filters in alternative states and it worked!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

one solution could be replacing the dimension with a conditional for your expression, like:

if(not isnull("your expression here"), [Пол/Возраст]).

then tick the "Suppress when value is null". This would hide those null lines.

Another solution is to use rangesum in your expression instead of sum. I don't know your expession, so it may not be this simple, but this could force the nulls to be "0". Then the sort could work. I don't like this solution as much as the first because you wouldn't differentiate between "real 0" and "no data".

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nuno

Not applicable
Author

Thanx for the idea.

Too sad but suppressing is not the option too. I will try the rangesum(), it sounds like a good plan.

Not applicable
Author

actually, didn't work, it seems that when there is totally no data for some selections, sorting will be ruined.

so i tried turning one of the filters in alternative states and it worked!