Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Java API

I am new to QlikSense and I was wondering if there is a Java API that enables user id management for QlikSense server? I am trying to automate the userid creation process within QlikSense server.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There are no Java libraries for Qlik Sense, but there is a REST-based web service API, the Repository Service API, which is used to automate tasks otherwise performed by the QMC.

To import users into Qlik Sense, there is a Qlik Sense User Directory Connector API, but it provides a .Net-based API, not a Java API.

Not applicable
Author

I am new to this tool. I don't even know what QMC means. Does anybody know if the REST based web service API allows automation of user ids(automation like creating new users, deleting users, change privileges for existing users, reset password for existing users etc) in the QlikSense tool.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am really new to QV and trying to integrate QV into my web application(JAVA based).

I want to know that, is there any way that particular user  has access to specific document(.qvw file) and/ or has access to specific object in a given document(.qvw file) using JAVA?

My problem is that, some times user clicks on url in my java application, if user doesnt have permission, he get access point login screen, which he shdnt , as he doesnt have access to it.

Not applicable
Author

Further to add, currently I am using web ticket method for Authentication with that, I am able to open the reports within my application, if user has access.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

This is a Qlik Sense thread, for QlikView web integration take a look here:

Integration

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
rbecher
MVP
MVP

You will find documentation here:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/developer/index.html