1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 1, 2015 11:04 AM by Mike Woodward RSS

    Need linked traffic light box for dashboard



      I'm creating a dashboard sheet to show the status of 140+ data sources grouped into 30+ categories of unequal size. I want the status indicators to all be on the same page.


      Ideally, I'd like to use a traffic light indicator, one for each category. I'd like the box to link to a sheet in my application, so I could click on the box and go to a sheet in my application that shows what's going on in more detail.


      I can't find anything like this in Qlik Sense and I can't find anything like this on Branch.


      The closest is the KPI indicator. This is the only visualization that seems to have links to other sheets in the application. But the problem is, this is aimed at showing numbers. I have some complex logic that doesn't really map sensibly into one number. I could make something up, but that doesn't feel right.


      Has anyone got any kind of traffic light type indictor up and running in Qlik Sense?





        • Re: Need linked traffic light box for dashboard

          Here's how I solved my problem.


          I needed to set certain text and error conditions depending on the underlying data. The logic was fairly complex. Qlik's load script did not have the flexibility to easily do this analysis. I therefore took it out of Qlik Sense and wrote some Python code. The Python code created a new file of error conditions, including the name of the data source (the key), the error condition text, and the error condition itself.


          I then read in this error condition file as a new table, assigning colors to the error condition. I used the table chart in Qlik Sense to display my results. I ordered the table by error condition (most severe first) and colored it using the error condition colors. At the bottom of the sheet I added a chart that updates when the user selects a data stream.


          I could have had different tables for the error conditions, or even some kind of selection box, but it turns out the table works well.


          As it turned out, the problem here was a data processing problem, once I moved to Python, it was all OK.