Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

get data filtered in pivot table

hi, i found a great tutorial from [Building a nicer (dynamic) multibox, without extensions]

http://www.qlikfix.com/2014/07/08/building-nicer-dynamic-multibox/

i was able to use it, and i really love it.

but i have an issue.

if i use multibox with master detail table, then i filtered it from detail then master will automatically selected.

how i can achieve this.

in label i use "=if(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(master)) = -1, 'Master',GetFieldSelections(master))".

with this script i can set 'Master' as label.

i see data has filtered but i didn't find function to get data that has been filtered to set it in label, maybe someone here can give me an advice to solve this.

thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

at least i can get what i want, it's so simple. never thought if i call the field will show the data that has been filtered. this is my new code placed in label.

=if(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(country)) = -1, if(Count(country) = 1, country, 'Country'),GetFieldSelections(country))

thank you sunindia.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this instead:

If(Len(Trim(GetFieldSelections(master))) = 0, 'Master', GetFieldSelections(master))

Not applicable
Author

hi sunindia,

thank you for your response.

code that i give is working fine.

what i trying to achieve is get the name master that has filtered by detail.

for example :

table master

idmaster  name

1   italy

2   japan

3   england

table detail

idmaster  iddetail     name

1               1           venice

1               2           milan

2               1           osaka

2               2          kyoto

3               1          birmingham

3               2          london

in multibox detail when i select kyoto then multibox master will automatically show japan .

how to do this in custom multibox (pivot table) . the reference for create multibox from pivot table in the link that i provided.

thank you

sunny_talwar

If instead of calling both name as name, you call one of them country_name and other one as state_name then I think you can create two list boxes or two rows in your multibox, one for country_name and other one for state_name. As soon as you make a selection in state_name, it will automatically show that the only option available within country_name is the one it belongs to.

for example :

table master

idmaster  country_name

1  italy

2  japan

3  england

table detail

idmaster  iddetail    state_name

1              1          venice

1              2          milan

2              1          osaka

2              2          kyoto

3              1          birmingham

3              2          london

Is this what you are kind of looking to do?

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

this is what i trying to do.

get_filtered_like_multibox.jpg

from the picture at top you can see a multibox, and at the bottom is custom multibox using pivot table.

if using multibox, when select state 'milan' --> country will automatically select italy.

but not happen when use pivot table.

how to resolve this.

thank you ..

best regards

Not applicable
Author

at least i can get what i want, it's so simple. never thought if i call the field will show the data that has been filtered. this is my new code placed in label.

=if(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(country)) = -1, if(Count(country) = 1, country, 'Country'),GetFieldSelections(country))

thank you sunindia.