Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Want to Set Alternate State as Default or Group3 for all new objects added to a document

Hi Guys,

Want to Set Alternate State as Default or Group3 for all new objects added to a document.

When I added a Object like Selection Field and check it Alternate State, It is showing as Inherited. I want to change this to either Default or Group3. Means if end user add a selection field in dashboard for that new field Alternate state should be Default or Group3.

How to do this? Where I have to set this?

Another Question: What is the Symbol to use Inherit Alternate state?

$ or -1$

I have used below expression in my Comparative analysis report:

Column1=Sum ({$< [Year] = [Group 1] :: [Year], [Quarter] = [Group 1] :: [Quarter],[Month] = [Group 1] :: [Month],[Date] = [Group 1] :: [Date]>}  [Employee Count] )

Column2=Sum ({$< [Year] = [Group 2] :: [Year], [Quarter] = [Group 2] :: [Quarter],[Month] = [Group 2] :: [Month],[Date] = [Group 2] :: [Date]>}  [Employee Count] )

I think where $=Default Alternate State.

What I am trying to achieve is: If end users add any new selection Field then Alternate state of that object should be Default or Group3 so that my above expression works dynamically so that user should not go and change the alternate state of that object manually.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't set an alternate state as document default. You could assign the alternate state to a sheet. All the objects you add to the sheet will inherit the alternate state from the sheet.

There is no symbol to inherit an alternate state.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't set an alternate state as document default. You could assign the alternate state to a sheet. All the objects you add to the sheet will inherit the alternate state from the sheet.

There is no symbol to inherit an alternate state.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand