3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2015 7:39 AM by Tomas Sommergyll RSS

SAP Report Error

neha shirsath

Hello Community,

I need your help for SAP Report.

I have Qlikview version 11.2 SR9 and 5.80 SR4 SAP connector. I'm connecting to SAP report its connected and

when i'm doing auto width column name as shown in below image the data window is not showing the separeted Fields. also the "Auto detect Column width" is disabled.

Please suggest.

Auto Width Column.png

• Re: SAP Report Error
          Tomas Sommergyll

Hi Neha,

• The 'Auto Detect Column Width' - option does not work on all types of Reports, and if the software detects that the Report-structure is too advanced, it will disable the option. Then the user needs to add delimiters etc. manually.
          • If the user has started to edit/add the delimiters etc. the 'Auto Detect..' - option will also be disabled. (If removing all added delimiters etc. the option will again be enabled).
          • When the 'Auto Detect Column Width' - option is selected, the script that will be generated can be viewed in the bottom text section. It is also shows what columns will be included in the Reload and the first row that will be fetched by checking the variable 'FIELD_AUTO_COLUMNS ( x ) '  where 'x' is the category number of the first row.

Hope this sheds some light on the 'Auto Detect Column Width' - option.

Kind regards,

Tomas

neha shirsath

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the reply.

You are saying -

• When the 'Auto Detect Column Width' - option is selected, the script that will be generated can be viewed in the bottom text section. It is also shows what columns will be included in the Reload and the first row that will be fetched by checking the variable 'FIELD_AUTO_COLUMNS ( x ) '  where 'x' is the category number of the first row.

I have query on your above point, that 'FIELD_AUTO_COLUMNS ( x ) ' here 'x' is always varies??

I'm using SAP customized report,my reports get failed some times when 'x' value gets changes like if it is 5 today and tomorrow might become 7 so because of that my extractors get failed.

So, Can we fix this?

Thanks,

Neha

Tomas Sommergyll

Hi,

The value 'x' in the 'FIELD_AUTO_COLUMNS ( x )' is determined during the script generation when clicking the check box 'Auto Detect Column Width' using a set of rules. At the moment this value is fixed once the script has been generated.

Is it possible to use the manual delimiter setting method?

It would be helpful if you could attach excerpts from the LINES table for the two types of report results when reloading your script, i.e. when the 'x' value is 5 and 7.

The LINES table contains the following headers:

| FL | HC | GAP | HIDE | FILL | FMBI  | FSEL  | FMBX  | FPOS  | LENG  | FM | LINE 

Thanks,

Tomas