Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

where can i find load logging data

Hi,

Where can I find the log files to see how long a load took place.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you enabled the log generation in your .qvw document  you can find the .qvw log in the same folder where there is the  .qvw file (on the server)

if you didn't enable, you can

- open the .qvw

- enable logging in menù --> settings--> docment properties --> general --> enable logfile

- save (or copy the saved .qvw) the .qvw on the server

- reload (on server)

- after reload you'll find a  .log with the same name of your .qvw in the same flolder of .qvw

usually you can also find the logs in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and subfolders

(look at DocumentLog.txt, TaskLog.txt)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

How are you reloading the qvw?

1. Via QV Desktop - you would need to enable Generate Log File - then details would be shown the file Created.

2. Scheduled via QMC - open the status tab - select the job and Qlik show task details

OR o directly to the logfiles created in Program Data\Qliktech

andy

maxgro
MVP
MVP

for QlikView desktop in the same folder as your .qvw

enable in menù --> settings --> document properties --> general -> generate logfile

or are you asking for QlikView server?

Not applicable
Author

sorry I meant the QV Server

maxgro
MVP
MVP

in the QMC

status --> tasks --> choose a task --> show task detail at top right

default folder

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServerLogs of reload are in DistributionService folder

Not applicable
Author

What is the actual file name where I can see the load times

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you enabled the log generation in your .qvw document  you can find the .qvw log in the same folder where there is the  .qvw file (on the server)

if you didn't enable, you can

- open the .qvw

- enable logging in menù --> settings--> docment properties --> general --> enable logfile

- save (or copy the saved .qvw) the .qvw on the server

- reload (on server)

- after reload you'll find a  .log with the same name of your .qvw in the same flolder of .qvw

usually you can also find the logs in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and subfolders

(look at DocumentLog.txt, TaskLog.txt)