Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Value and special formatting

I have created a field [Dimension Type BG Color] and I will assign a '1' to it if I want it to do some type of special background formatting to the color.   However, I am not sure what type of function I could use to activate this formatting. The only way I could get the formatting to work is when I select the value in the [Dimension Type BG Color] to equal '1' .  I would like it just to know that if the value is '1' for the field, it should do the special formatting I have written without it being selected.

TIA,

Trung

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe this helps:

QlikCommunity_Thread_162809_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_162809_Pic2.JPG

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't understand what you want to do but I think the postings from here https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=color+expression&type=document will give you some useful hints.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus:

Thanks for the link.  Here's a little more information.  I have the following expression in my background color dimension : =if ([Dimension Type BG Color]= 1, RGB(141,141,141)).  This works when I have the field value selected like in the attached picture.  However, I would like to be able to do with without the field value being selected, but with a expression that just reads the whenever the field value is '1' the following rolls should have an RGB of (141,141,141).

dimension type bg color.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the Chart Properties, Expressions tab, on the top left is a list of all the expressions and each one will have a + sign to the left. 

Click on it for your expression to expand it.

Select Background Color

Add your background color dimension as the Definition

=if ([Dimension Type BG Color]= 1, RGB(141,141,141)).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill:

thanks for your response.  This only works when I have the [Dimension Type BG Color] field selected.  How would I do it without a value in the that field being selected, but 'reading' what the value of the field is?

MarcoWedel

‌please post sample data/app to clarify.

thanks

regards

Marco

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe this helps:

QlikCommunity_Thread_162809_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_162809_Pic2.JPG

regards

Marco