Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Access Point - set up and user access

Hello

We have a pack of Qlikview dashboards that we made available in a web portal, where each user is allowed to see only a pre-defined set of dashboards. The user credentials have nothing to do with Qlikview Server: username and password are both the ones needed for the portal and qvw dashboards have the necessary CALs assigned.

However, we would like to begin testing a parallel environment, that would be achieved using QlikView Access Point.

Nevertheless, there are some issues that are still not clear to me after research in the Community:

• how do we make qvw files available to the Access Point? Is it enough to place the qvw in the root file defined in the QMC?;

• how do we assure that each user only gets access to its dashboards in the Access Point? I recall that the login credentials are related with our portal;

• in a situation where a certain dashboard is available in both our portal and Access Point, should we allocate one CAL per user for each, or the CAL that is already allocated to the portal will also give access through Access Point?

we are running QlikView 11.2 SR9 in a Windows R2008 machine.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

João Duarte

1 Reply
jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello

Any ideas on this subject?

I am specially concerned with the second and third points that I have mentioned before.

Thank you & Best regards.

João Duarte