5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 9:00 AM by Tom Cotterill RSS

Trigger OnOpen Date Range

Tom Cotterill

Hello,

I am pretty sure there is a simple answer to this but I have drawn a blank!

I have two date variables populated with a Start and an End date.

What I need is the date field to be set to this date range when the document is opened.

I cannot see a way of setting a range in the Select in Field Action of the Document Event Triggers.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

• Trigger OnOpen Date Range
          Deepak Kurup

HI.

Go to Document properties--> Trigger-- > OnOpen --> Add Action--> External-->Setvariable

YOu might have to do it twice to add values to from and to date

Tom Cotterill

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My issue is not setting the variables, that part is fine. Sorry if I was not clear.

My problem is applying the values of the variables to the date field when the document is opened.

For instance, I set the end date to the latest activity in the financial year (say 15/10/2010), and the start date is simply the beginning of that year (01/04/2010 for example). Now, when the document is opened, I would like the date field to be set to the range 01/04/2010 to 15/10/2009.

Tom Cotterill

Hi,

The field is used all over the application.

Is there a way to make an OnOpen trigger that will set the a DateField field to a range as opposed to an individual date. Essentially I require the equivalent of:

Settings > Document Properties > Triggers > OnOpen

Action: Select in Field

Field =DateField

SerachString: =Between varStartDate AND varEndDate

So when the user opens the application the DateField will already be set to the year to date latest data.

Maybe I need a Macro for this and fire the Macro in the OnOpen trigger.

Tom Cotterill

D'oh I knew it was going to be simple enough:

='>=' &

varStartDate & '<=' & varEndDate

Silly me.