Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II

Limitations and missing features

Hi,

I'm started to learn qliksense. There are some missing features in qlik sense compared to qlikview.

Though I need complete documentation of missing feature compared to qlikview.

Thanks in Advance.,

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started too

I doubt there is a document for that.  From my point, the important missing features are actions and input boxes.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael and Deepak,

Thanks for your questions / comments and concerns. Allow me to clarify - Qlik Sense is not meant to be a NEWER version of QlikView. Nor should it be compared in that matter as they different needs, but as well as have varying degress of similarities. Qlik Sense is a new generation of a self-service data visualization platform, geared towards anyone. Qlik Sense in many cases has improved data visualization with better approaches to analyzing data for many individuals, even the novice user.  If you have not seen this post, I encourage you to take a look: QlikView and Qlik Sense

Please also take a look at these videos to learn more: New to Qlik Sense Videos

NOTE: There is an extension framework available that uses open standards so you can develop such capabilities or implement capabilities built by another. You may want to check out these links as well:

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

As well as join our developer exchange here: Qlik Branch - The Front Page

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6932#mashups

Deepak, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess Deepak should've asked the question in another way, e.g. "What are the major differences between QlikView and Qlik Sense".  The post from Henric is the best explanation so far.

(Still, I'd love to see actions and input boxes in Qlik Sense )

sibideepak
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for you reply,

I understand and know both are different.

Though in developer perspective .. we need to think which we want to use for our business?

And so comparing qv to qs whether qlik sense satisfies all functionality does in qv so that we can migrate.