Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I can't open my files anymore

I am trying to open files that I created but I am getting this message.

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a personal Edition license. To continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full Qlikview license, Please contact your local Qlikview sales office, a list of which can be found at www.qlikview.com"

I can't open any file right now. Since I am the main developer, and the person who created most of the files, no one can't open them either. We use Qlikview expetnsively in the company, we do have a staging and a production server fully licensed. We used to be able to open any file in the server to renew licenses, buit that is not working either. Please help.

2 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

If your product has licence contact Qlik support.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carla, It sounds like you were previously leasing a license from your server, but that is no longer the case anymore for some reason. Your software has reverted back to personal edition.

You will need to re lease a license from your server. There are a few different ways to lease a license from your server depending on the settings applied to your server, but the easiest is to do a File > Open in server. There is more information and a walkthrough on that here: QlikView License Leasing

If you have any trouble with this please contact us.