Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_anandrjs

Active Directory Users not fetching from Directory.

Hi,

I create the connection for fetching the User Directory list from the Active Directory with all proper credential given all is OK here and connection created successful. But when doing Sync (Synchronization) users list not get loaded into repository and status only shows External Fetch and when i again click on refresh it have to show Database Store but it shows status Idle where i having problem can any one let me know about this.

I Appreciated in Advance.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anand

8 Replies
Not applicable

Anand,

Take a look at the UserManagement_Repository log file in %programdata%\qlik\sense\log\Repository.  This will tell you what's transpiring during the fetch.

One thing to try is to run the sync and let it say External Fetch and don't be tempted to click the sync button again.  In some cases I've seen the fetch take as long as 15 minutes.  You can use the log to review the progress during the fetch.

Are you applying a filter in your UDC configuration or attempting to pull an entire AD?  How big is the AD you are connecting to (users and groups)?

Do you mind sharing the log?

jg

its_anandrjs
Author

Thanks Jeffery,

Yes i applying filter also and data is not big at this movement and as you suggest when i click on the Sync key and leave the server for 15 or max time as you say let me try this. Sorry i cant provide log file here it is confidential and how can i know the progress during fetch of the Active directory.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Anand Chouhan

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Goldberg,

I am facing same kind of issue where, when I start the SYNC it runs for half and hour but no user information fetched. I am using such configuration as AD path on other three server but same configuration is not working on my concern server. I am attaching the Log file as you suggest to read, Can you please help me to know what exactly I am missing or doing wrong?

Best,

Rohit Kumar

Not applicable

Hi Rohit,

I'm unable to see the attachment.  Do you have an ldap filter for this udc?  It could be the ldap filter is causing you an issue.  Is the AD you are pointing to different than the other servers?  If so, is it possible the ldap has a lot of entries so it is taking more time to sync?  Have you considered turning on progressive sync (the check box) or adding an ldap filter?

jg

rittermd
Master
Master

Do you have any users getting loaded from the AD?

Do you have the box checked 'Sync User Data for existing users'?

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Jeffery,

there is no filter , same AD is there , which is working for other Qlik Sense server. I have increased the time out range and added credentials even if its single sign on concept. If it is a networking side issue, what should I ask to networking people to check ?

Not applicable

Ask if port 389 is open to make LDAP requests.  That's the only thing I can think of.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hey Jeffery,

Can Qlik Sense fetch data from REDHAT active directory ?