Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

display currency in USD

hi,

a developed a complete app using currency as local currency. now they want to see local and USD. like selecting in dropdown.

so please someone suggest what i have to follow

Thanks

11 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Arul,

This will help u:

https://community.qlik.com/message/93743#93743

Thanks,
AS

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Do you have any conversion table which maintain local to USD rate or you have doing it hard coded????

For Local and USD are you planning to create any new flag????

Basic logic is use if condition

if(getFieldSelections(Flag)='USD',YourExpressionValue * USDRate,YourExpressionValue)

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

hi Max i dont have any convertion table. no hard coding. main issue is i completed the app which means many sheets using the available currency.

for ex:

sum(localCurrency)

i used this in all sheets.

now i am looking for any way to do this by not changing in each and every sheets(objects and etc)....

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

any idea guys?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Do you have any field which stated amount Currency???

and from where you are taking conversion rate???

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

showing local currency field name as Lc1

no conversion doing

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Then you have to hard code conversion rate for Local to USD

and also need to create flag through which user select at front end that they want to see localCurrency or USD Currency.

Regards

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Create a variable to identify currency for example : vcur=        'L' .

Create another variable that according to vcur assigns field name . example vdynfield =          

if($(vcur )='L','[localCurrency]','[USDCurrency]').

then use expression overview to replace sum(localCurrency) to  sum($(vdynfield)).  or  you can just replace localCurrency to  $(vdynfield).

change the value of L to something else on CurrencyField by using trigger. currency field will have two values localcurrency and usdcurrency.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

nee to change in every object?