Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add a row in a straight table

Hi,

There is a simple requirement of adding a row after a product category finishes, for example Life insurance has 5 sub products under it. So Life insurance is a merged column for 5 rows. After Life insurance, group Insurance category starts with 3 sub category products. so group insurance is a merged column of 3 sub products columns. I want a empty row to be inserted once one product category finishes.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Malay,

you can do this in a pivot by having show partial totals for all expressions and the using 'CUSTOM CELL FORMAT' to change the background and text colour to e.g. white, see attached example qvw

HTH Andy

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Malay

can't you  use a pivot table with Total line instead and set up back color =font color ?

chris

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i don't think so it can possible,if in ur case same groups objects will change dynamically.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to have a more fancy layout of your straight table  with empty rows etc, you can have a look at this demo:

How IntervalMatch Solved My Profit and Loss Dilemma

Not applicable
Author

Hi, For better explanation of my question, please refer to the sample excel file below

Product categoryProductMonthly Sales
Life InsuranceA2
B3
C4
D5
Group InsuranceE6
F7
G8
ClassicX9
Y10
Z21

Here Life Insurance is a merge column from product A and D , and Group Insurance is a merged column from E to G.

I want a blank row to be inserted after D. This row should be across all columns.

I tried the "Show partial sum" from presentation tab on column product category. It is not working.

Not applicable
Author

- go to tab presentation

- in box, dimensions and expressions, choose column "product", and make sure Show Partial Sums checked.

* i guess, you only checked partial sum only for column product category.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aditya,

Yes I have done it for product also. In this case what happens is totals new row is added but it does not add across all columns. Please see the image how it looks.

So here I need the row added -Total across all columns including "Life" column also.

QkikView add row.jpg

siddheshmane
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I'm not sure but I think you want to work with INLINE.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Malay,

you can do this in a pivot by having show partial totals for all expressions and the using 'CUSTOM CELL FORMAT' to change the background and text colour to e.g. white, see attached example qvw

HTH Andy