A license lease is issued to QlikView Desktop. Both QlikView Desktop and the IE Plug-in communicate with the QlikView Server across this encrypted port. A license lease cannot be issued via the AJAX client. A successful license lease will remove the restrictions of QlikView Personal Edition ensuring users can open applications developed by others.
License Lease is available on the following server editions:
• QlikView Enterprise Server
• QlikView Small Business Server
If user is unable to lease a license there may be following possibilities-
- Check LEF file, if there is written as “TEST_EDITION; YES;;” then user won’t be able to lease a license.
- A single user can lease up to two licenses to two separate workstations within a 24 hours period. An attempt to lease a third license in a 24 hours period will be revoked if the same User ID is used.
- User must have a NAMED CAL assigned to him/her to lease a license.
- QMC --> System --> License-->General-->”Allow license lease” & “Allow dynamic CAL assignment” should be enabled.