cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Problem applying themes

I'm having the following problem applying a theme in QlikView 7.52. Is anyone else seeing the same problem in later versions?

First I create a theme that has elements for all object types.

Then I apply the theme to an existing QVW file. It correctly updates all the pre-existing sheet objects to match the theme (colors, fonts, etc).

Finally, I create a new sheet object, expecting it to match the new theme, but instead it matches the appearance of the document before the theme was applied. Closing and relaunching QlikView don't affect the problem.

2 Replies
Not applicable

How are you applying the theme?

I think if you apply a theme under Document Properties, it will apply to the entire document. They can also be applied on a sheet item and a sheet level.

From some quick testing:

If I apply a theme under Document Properties, it will apply to all items in the document and all future items.

If I apply a theme under SheetProperties, it will apply to all items on the sheet, but future items will carry the old theme (doc default?).

If I apply a theme under Item Properties, it will apply to that item only.

Is that what you're seeing? I'm using 8.5, so I don't know what is different in pre-8 versions.

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I need to apply this particular theme under Document Properties, so that's where I've been testing.

If I apply a theme under Document Properties, it applies to the entire document and all its sheets and objects. Future sheets show the new theme, but future sheet objects still carry the old theme. If I apply a theme using the other methods you describe, I get the same result as you.

I suspect this is a problem with the old version of QlikView we're using (7.52). I'm hoping we will upgrade soon, but that decision is out of my hands.

Thank you for testing it and replying!

James