2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2015 4:28 AM by Joanna Seldon RSS

auto number qlik sense - with renamed column

Joanna Seldon

Hiya

Qlik Sense...reading from an SQL DB ...in the data load section

i have created an Auto Number field for Customer as CustomerID with no issues

However i have used the following in a context as had issue with null entrys...

if(isnull ([Column two]),[Column one],[Column two]) as [Column Three]

the issue i have is,  i wish to get the Column Three to create its own auto number too

AutoNumber ([Column Three]) as (Column ThreeID),

Is it please possible?

i keep getting OLDB read error.

please help

Kind Regards

Joeybird

• Re: auto number qlik sense - with renamed column
          Gysbert Wassenaar

1. Your database will not understand Qlikview functions, so do not use them in SQL SELECT statements that are send to your database.

2. AutoNumber ([Column Three]) as (Column ThreeID) is not correct. Try square brackets: AutoNumber ([Column Three]) as [Column ThreeID]

3. Simply put an AutoNumber() around the if statement: AutoNumber(if(isnull ([Column two]),[Column one],[Column two])) as [Column Three]

• Re: auto number qlik sense - with renamed column
              Joanna Seldon

Hiya

I only put point 2. as a context sorry and did not put it exact correct syntax.

however 3. worked brill thank you

AutoNumber(if(isnull ([Column two]),[Column one],[Column two])) as [Column Three]

but I have found out if you do point 3 first then point 2, you can create the new field required (to help with the null entry's) and auto number field too.

Kind Regards

Joeybird