8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2015 6:41 AM by Marco Wedel RSS

forcast

Hello all,

I have a problem with my qv document. For some kind of forcast i need to get values from precious months. I want to calculate the next month via an evarage from the previous 12 months. But the problem is that i cant grab a count() value before januari becouse for some reason my QV document isn't seeing December above januari.

I've added an example in which i can't get a value fromd december in the month januari.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance!!

• Re: forcast
          Stefan Wühl

Above() is considering column segments, you need to use the TOTAL qualifier to get what you want:

=above(TOTAL count(TaskID),1)

Gysbert Wassenaar

Since you're using more than one dimension in your chart you need to add the total keyword to the above function so it will be able to cross the dimension borders: above(total count(TaskID),1)

As an aside... the above function can only work with data that is in the chart context. If for example you select 2014 then your expression can't get at the values in 2013. This document can show you how to get around that issue: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

Thank you very much! This helps. Although i still keep left with one problem with which you could help me.

My customer wants to see a rolling avarage (as he calls it) into the future.

For example if we take the table from the file i added:

Yearmonthcount(TaskID)Rolling avarage
                2013dec3-
                2014jan6-
                2014feb6-
                2014mrt-=((3+6+6)/3)=5
                2014apr-=((6+6+5)/3)=5.67
                2014may-=((6+5+5.67)/3)=5.56

As you see the customer wants that when there aren't any TaskID values the Rolling avarage of the last periode is taken. In this way he can "predict" future task capacity.

I hope this is posible. Thanks in advance!