3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2015 10:03 PM by Alec Smith RSS

    Set Analysis Condition Not Evaluating All Modifiers

    Alec Smith

      Hello,

       

      The following set expression is not adhering to the second modifier of DateType={'Invoice'} the result of the set expression is including an INVOICE posted in the SalesMonth of 'Nov' in the SalesMonth of 'Oct'.  See attached image of the table containing the data. 

       

      Count({$<SalesMonth={'Oct'}, DateType={'Invoice'}>} DISTINCT INVOICE#)

       

      Has anyone experienced this situation before? 

       

      Thank you in advance for any assistance with this issue. 

        • Re: Set Analysis Condition Not Evaluating All Modifiers
          Stefan Wühl

          I am not sure how above expression is related to what is shown in the image. As far as I can see, I don't see the expression used in this table.

           

          So it's hard to tell what the issue is with the information given.

           

          Could you post the QVW?

          • Re: Set Analysis Condition Not Evaluating All Modifiers
            Toni Kautto

            I am not really sure how the screenshot relates to the expression, as there is no count column in the table.

             

            Just for reference, have you compared by doing the selection manually?

            If you have the expression without the set expression like Count(DISTINCT INVOICE#) and then manually select SalesMonth='Oct' and DateType='Invoice' I would expect it to show you the same result. The point with this is that it might not be the set expression that is the issue, but perhaps the way your data is related.

             

            An unfortunate join, synthetic key or field for multiple data islands could lead to that you get all possible combinations of data in the data set being aggregated.

            • Re: Set Analysis Condition Not Evaluating All Modifiers
              Alec Smith

              Thank you swuehl and Toni of your responses.  I figured out what the issue was.  I manually selected the filters (thank you Toni) and realized I was missing a key field in the filter.  I updated the set expression and got the correct results. 

               

              Thank you again for the input.

               

              Cheers!