3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2015 9:43 AM by Thiago Fernandes Dantas Vasconcellos RSS

SVG Map Reader - How to deal with drill down ?

Hi,

I'm using this great extension from

Does someone know a documentation or some descriptions about how to setup drill down in map ??

I mean, a World map displayed at startup. When I clic on a country, the matching country map is then displayed. Then the map of the matching province when a province is selected ... etc ??

In other words, how to change the map regarding selection ?

I found the idea to use the "Load SVG Path" parameter with a function like :

=if([country]='US', 'us.svg',if([country]='FR','france_departments.svg','world.svg'))

But in this case, I have to managed all countries ... that's not brilliant !!

And how to change the "Region Id" field then ?? Because, the region ID are different field regaring if it's a country, a province or a town/zipcode. Maybe I could create only one mixing any type of information ?

The next step for me is to try with some macros and variables. The idea is to create an event in case of selection and to associate this event with a macro that will change the value of 2 variables, one for the map and one for the IdREgion, regarding the selection.

I think it would be more rigourous to use data Groups, with a hierarchy group like it's commonly done in this kind of presentation of data.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Many thanks for your help and many thanks to Brian for this great extension !

For information, I'm using Free QlikView Desktop and I can't read any qvw from someone else than me. All the examples from the documentation are empty when I accept to change Id to open them.

Regards,

Gilles

Edit : ...few typing errors !!