Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmccafferty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Heat/Density Map using Google Maps

Hi Community,

I was wondering if it is possible to do a heat map using the google maps bit.

Basically what I want to do is a map that darker depending on certain censuses.... eg: If China has 750million people aged between 25-40, and UK has 19million, China would be a much darker colour than the UK.

is this possible?

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

of course. You can do a conditional formatting in the background colour.

cheers

Florian

cmccafferty
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can this be country specific?

Not applicable

Of course, you can use if-statements to determine which formula / colour code to apply.

Not applicable

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic and "Heat Maps" are one of the ways to display QlikVIew KPI indicators and to represent a density on a Geografic map (ex: population, deliveries, etc.)

QlikView customers and channel parners are interested in displaying their QlikView KPI indicators on Geographic maps but also sometimes on a Building Plan (ex: logistic warehouse, supermarket, hospital, etc).

Business Geografic has developed a mapping extension for QlikView (V9, V10, V11) namely "GeoQlik" and we have been a Technology Partner of QlikTech since 2006 starting with QlikView 8!

I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 "SR1": GeoQlik v11.6:

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few "Heat Maps" screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg