in a new app of mine I have a straight_table that is supposed to be highly customizable.
- Every field in there makes sense only under specific circumstances. Otherwise, it would show a NULL value
=> Thus I have put that condition in a variable, that is my first condition for every field
- The second condition is a selection by the user - I have a customized listbox (based on an Inline table with the names of all the
fields), that listbox governs a set of variables and that variable (there is one for every field) also governs whether a field should
be displayed or not.
=> Thus I have two conditions attached to every single field.
Now, the performance of this whole thing is of course an issue.
=> Thus my question: Where should I best put these two conditions:
- directly in every formula
- in the edit_field on the "formulas" tab
- on the "presentation" tab?
I guess the last one would not be ideal for that would define only whether or not to show a field, it would be calculated all the same - but it's nearly all native fields from the underlying table, there's not much to calculate, so it wouldn't really make a difference ...
Thanks a lot!