Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

error opening Document in server

Hi All,

I've a problem with a Report with section access.

I'm connected to the Qlikview-server via Remote Desktop with user Administrator.

I can open the document iwith my desktop-software.

But If I open the dashboard with "open in server" and user administrator it gives an error.

Schedule6.JPG

And In my scheduler it isn't reloading at all.

What am I doing wrong?

My section-acces Setup:

Schedule5.JPG

Security on document:

Schedule4.JPG

Regards,

Kris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your SP field indicates that you are performing Data Reduction when someone opens your document. Administrators become ordinary users in the AccessPoint (a problem they do not have when you open your document as Administrator in QV Desktop) and since the Data Reduction reduces your data to nothing at all, you will not be granted access.

Gysbert's suggestion will work to get the QDS reload up-and-running. Another solution for the reload would be to include the service account of the Distribution Service in your section access table. Then reload manually and try again in the QMC.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Specify a user and password for the section access settings in the QMC on the Reload tab for the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your SP field indicates that you are performing Data Reduction when someone opens your document. Administrators become ordinary users in the AccessPoint (a problem they do not have when you open your document as Administrator in QV Desktop) and since the Data Reduction reduces your data to nothing at all, you will not be granted access.

Gysbert's suggestion will work to get the QDS reload up-and-running. Another solution for the reload would be to include the service account of the Distribution Service in your section access table. Then reload manually and try again in the QMC.

Peter

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Peter,

I've added the service-account user to the section-access-file and now is the scheduling working.

That was the most important for me.

Regards,

Kris